Our comprehensive clinical services using a preventive approach are available. These services include:
- Specialized medical assessments for infants, children, adolescents and adults by one of our physicians
- Referral to specialists who have an interest in meeting the needs of individuals with Down syndrome
- Developmental screening by our therapists
- Collaboration between our medical staff and the patient’s primary care physician
- Support from a Family Support Coordinator; a parent advocate of a child with Down syndrome
- Follow Up Care
To Make An Appointment
Individuals interested in being seen at the Center may call for an appointment or may be referred by a primary care physician or other professional. Follow up appointments are made as needed. Services are not intended to replace care or other existing services and therapies. Family Support Specialists may follow up with a post appointment call to answer any questions or concerns.
Payment and Insurance
There is a fee for services at the EPDSC though every effort is made to assist families in need. Various types of private insurance, HMO coverage, medical assistance and Access cards are accepted. Check with your insurance company concerning policies on visits to specialists. Some may require referrals and prior authorization.